Saturday 25 November 2006

Not quite true

I was at a Salvo function a few days ago - and this officer was telling these stories of what happened when they moved the 'old college' to the 'new college' - some of them were quite funny - and people were laughing and enjoying the anecdotes [?] - only I didn't find them funny at all - I guess basically it was because I knew that they were untruths.
You see, I'm a Joyful Evangelist went to college in 1978 spent that year in the 'old college' then in 1979 our session helped empty the 'old' and take it to the 'new' - it was quite an experience. In 1979 we lived through the conversion from hotel to college.
When you live through an experience like this - you know all involved - you share a common history - and well - the anecdote teller - was NOT part of that!
I really wanted to say something - but didn't want to embarrass the person - so moved away - and let them continue with their entertaining.
But it has made me really think - where did this untruth begin? why did it begin? have I ever been guilty of doing the same?

John 8:31-32
Then Jesus turned to the Jews who had claimed to believe in him. "If you stick with this, living out what I tell you, you are my disciples for sure. Then you will experience for yourselves the truth, and the truth will free you."

No comments: