Monday 4 December 2006

The Christmas Baby!

Well, my thoughts are well and truly focused on Christmas - I seem to breathe Christmas!!!

I had this most incredible 'moment' the other day - I was holding a new born baby boy - well he was 6 days old - and as I held this baby boy I thought of Jesus being this tiny - this vulnerable - this adorable - this perfect - this amazing little human with a whole lifetime before him.

It just blows my mind to think that the Son of God became a tiny baby boy - that he gave up being with his father and heaven to come and be one of us - to experience it all right from the very beginning of life!

What must it have been like for Mary? Joseph? the extended family?

Thank you God for allowing me to hold this precious child - thank you for the insights that came with the cuddle!

No comments: