Wednesday 29 August 2007

17 days and still counting!

It's been 17 days now - 17 days of being unwell - and the doctor said today it will be at least another 2 weeks before all is clear and working correctly. So with medication, physio exercises life is getting a little easier and each day I feel a little stronger - a little more normal.
The confinement has been quite bearable - lots of sleep - but in the waking moments lots of time to talk with God - to once again centre myself in Him - to refocus on what is important - priorities - to look again at goals - where God wants me to be - what is His focus for me here!

So, back at work with strict orders not to overdo it - light duties - so what are light duties for an officer? I know that there is no question - no other option for me at this time and I will be obedient - but it got me thinking - do we as officers, as Christians, sometimes choose light duties rather than getting stuck into the fight?

No comments: