Tuesday 11 March 2008

Obedient to God

God placed the burden on my heart to pray the boundaries of our property. I wasn't sure what He wanted me to pray - or how He wanted me to do that - 7 times like Jericho [would the building fall down] - just the 1 day or more. So I've been praying for divine inspiration.
God has a great sense of humour and I love His surprises!
We have CBO's who do their 'time' as volunteers - we were given one for 3 months 12 hours a week who has all the experience needed for a perfect quartermaster - let me tell you we needed one most urgently. He has done the most spectacular work on our property - the equipment has all been serviced and in top condition - but as with all these folks they move on.
It has been 2 weeks [no replacement in sight] and yes the lawns needed mowing, whipper snipping needs doing and it's time to spray the weeds again.
So yesterday [a public holiday for labour day - celebration of 8 hour working day] I decided to pop down the hall and mow them. It was for me an obedience thing - out of gratitude to God for sending us this guy I wanted to give something back - how appropriate to mow the lawns [must have some of God's humour in me] - but not only that I wanted to sow somethiing for the future as well - by being willing to give of my time and energy into mowing the lawns - that God would bless my tithe so to speak!
But as always God surprises me - it takes about 1 and half hours to walk our lawns pushing the mower - and guess what? I walked the whole boundary of our property and was able to pray every inch of the way - and all the places in between - back & forth - back & forth.
It was a great time of praise to God for all His benefits - also time for sharing concerns - 3 things really stood out in that prayer time and I want to share them with you - so when you pray for us here at Morwell you pray with knowledge.
First - I prayed that God would bring the right people into our lives at the Corps - people who would improve us [like our CBO who improved our grounds so much] - improve our ministry [like our CBO and the servicing of our equipment].
Second - I prayed that God would make this property a place of health - a place where people can come for all manner of healing - that even for the myriads of people who walk pass our property that they would be touched by that health - that in that distance from one boundary to the next they would have peace, health, and joy brought into their lives.
Third - I prayed that we would be a debt-free corps [ I mean more than finances here] that we wouldn't be a burden on anyone in our ministry in this place - not on our own people - not on our city - not on DHQ nor THQ!
I came home from that time with God - hot, sweaty, dirty, but most blessed!
And yes if it is a more than one off event - I will be most willing to be obedient to that!

1 comment:

Marta Ager said...

Wow! What an experience. I am so glad I found your blog! May God teach me more through your writings.