Friday 2 February 2007

Almost not quite

I was given a cornet to take home about a week ago - it wasn't the easiest to blow - so as you would - you start to check things out - well - the 2nd valve was in the 3rd place and 3rd valve was in the 2nd.
Now these 2 valves are almost identical - in fact it is almost impossible to tell them apart - probably why the maker put 2 on the 2nd valve & 3 on the 3rd valve - so you wouldn't get them confused.
Now I don't know how long they have been that way - but when I reversed them [or should I say put them where they should be] they didn't particular like it - oh the cornet was a lot easier to blow - but the valves didn't move as freely as they should - even though I cleaned them thoroughly and their casing - they were so used to the other way - the right way was quite foreign to them and they protested by either sticking or being very sluggish - and although I heaped lots of loving care [and valve oil] its is going to take some time to get them in the right groove again.
As you can imagine this was quite frustrating - I expected better from this cornet - it was constantly letting me down - sometimes at quite crucial moments.
In my frustration God spoke to me - how often this is so with new christians - they have been living in the wrong place [satan's control] they come to Jesus and he cleanses them - fixes them up - and puts them where they belong [His Kingdom] - but life doesn't run smoothly for them - its not what they are used to - sometimes they can be a bit sluggish - or even get stuck - and we get quite frustrated when they don't live up to the standard and be all that they were created to be - but it will take time - nurture - excouragement - and yes just like my cornet they will function as God intended.

No comments: