Tuesday 18 December 2007

The Days Before Christmas

Twas the days before Christmas, and all through the church


The pews are all filling, as everyone perched.


The hands are all shaking, and greetings abound


Soon I’ll go to the pulpit, prepared to expound.


I spent the whole week trying to hear what God’s saying


Studying, reading, and earnestly praying


The choir has practiced and taken great care


Their singing this morning, for weeks they’ve prepared


We’ve had Christmas sermons of angels and wise men


Of shepherds and mangers, no room at the inn


I pray that this week, the message will do


The job of moving the folks from the pew


But I must keep it brief. I must watch my time


For at noon I will hear the watches all chime


This is a season so full of distractions


But we know that this world has no satisfaction


If we don’t share the Gospel of Christ


Not just his birth, but his paying our price


If we speak of the manger, but not of the cross


The fullness of Jesus somehow gets lost


This Christmas season, do Jesus a favour


Make it a season to share Christ the Saviour

Contributed by: Don Procunier

No comments: