Monday 31 December 2007

New Year Resolution

So, for my New Year’s resolution, as Paul said, let us determine only ONE THING: “I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. … And that I may actually be found and known as in Him, not having any self-achieved righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law's demands, but possessing that genuine righteousness which comes through faith in Christ.
For my determined purpose (New Year’s resolution) is that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection (His life), and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness.”
Phillipians 3:8-10

No comments: