Saturday 20 January 2007

Biting the bullet

It's my day off - Brian's at cricket - I could just slack off - but no I decided to bite the bullet and head off to the office and see if I could make it work for 2 people - so before cricket we took the desk & filing cabinet from the quarters and dropped them into the hall office - then went home, made sandwiches for cricket - had a bite to eat - then on his way to cricket Brian dropped me at the hall to create order out of the chaos.
A constable rings for much needed assistance - I'm new - know where nothing is - but scrounge around and adequately [I hope] fulfilled the request - and will face the consequences on Monday when our welfare worker returns from holidays - and I'm sure to find out the 'proper' way to do things.
So in between all of this - I actually managed to make the office workable - well - time will tell. The real beauty of all this is I now know what we have in the office and where it is - and I must admit there were some very pleasant surprises - and we now have a clear run for next week - which is panning out to be a busy one.
Monday is sorting out keys etc... with CT
Making and sending invites to the women of Bible Study and Home League - so we can get together on a more social note before these events start in earnest.
Meeting our Welfare worker - and gaining some understanding of her role and how we fit into that.
Tuesday - the normal [?] stuff - plus catching up with Corrections - to view our contract with them - and how that will work for us - and we have one client working that day.
Wednesday - prep day - fortunately we have till Easter mapped out - it is now a matter of fleshing it out - putting life into it - preparing the powerpoint etc...
Thursday - PSP meeting at Moe - still don't know what PSP stands for - guess I will after this.
Friday - public holiday - Brian's sister is coming to see where we are now - so lots of relaxation.

No comments: