Friday 5 January 2007

The following mirrors my feelings

I need the Lord, my Maker,
As rivers need to flow;
As flowers need the sunlight;
And seedlings need to grow;
As marksmen need a target,
And arrows need a bow.
I’ve feigned my independence,
But failed to improvise.
I need the One I’m made for,
As eagles need the skies.
You’re my breath and my light,
My food and my wine.
I’m the brush, you’re the artist,
I’m the string and you’re the harpist.
Tune me for your glory.

I need the Lord, my Maker,
As falcons need to see;
As the clay needs a sculptor,
And a lock needs a key.
As a ship needs a rudder;
And coral needs the sea.
I’m done with empty living;
Success that’s make-believe.
I need the One I’m made for,
As creatures need to breathe.
You’re my strength and my hope,
My peace and my shield.
I’m the hands, you’re the healer,
I’m the sword and you’re the victor.
Wield me for your glory.

I need the Lord, my Maker,
As an arm needs a hand;
As a babe needs its mother;
And a dove needs to land;
As a car needs a driver
And a glove needs a hand.
I’m tired of ‘great achievements,’
Of life that’s just a game.
I need the One I’m made for,
As deserts need the rain.
You’re my life and my joy,
My truth and my guide.
I’m the song, you’re the Singer,
I’m a well and you’re the water.
Fill me for your glory.

1 comment:

james said...

Hey! I just worked out who you are!lol Tishs mum! hahaha God Bless for the year ahead!